Information posted on TaskHire is obviously publicly available. Our servers are located in the United States. Therefore, if you choose to provide us with personal information, you are consenting to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers in the United States. We collect and store the following personal information:
- email address, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information;
- computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from TaskHire and ad data (all through cookies – you can take steps to disable the cookies on your browser although this is likely to affect your ability to use the site);
- other information, including users IP address and standard web log information.
Use. We use users’ personal information to:
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- encourage safe trading and enforce our policies;
- customize users’ experience, measure interest in our services, improve our services and inform users about services and updates;
- communicate marketing and promotional offers to you according to your preferences;
- do other things for users as described when we collect the information.
We don’t sell or rent users’ personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without users explicit consent. We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a posting or other content violates other’s rights, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. We may also share personal information with:
- corporate affiliates who help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and provide joint services. (Our corporate affiliates will market only to users who ask them to).
Communications and email tools.
- service providers who help with our business operations.
Access, Modification, and Deletion.
You can see, modify or erase most of your personal information by reviewing and modifying your posting or account status page, by signing on to “My TaskHire” or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
to review any personal information we store that is not available on TaskHire. There may a charge associated with such requests but these will not exceed the amounts permitted by law. We delete personal information when we no longer need it for the purposes we described earlier. We retain personal information as permitted by law to resolve disputes, enforce our policies; and prevent repeat offenders from coming back. If you have further questions, you may contact email@example.com
Transfer of Personal Data to Other Countries.
We may share your information with existing and/or future entities that are members of our internal corporate structure – for the purpose of maintaining joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you’ve requested their services.
We use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure, but as you probably know, nothing’s perfect, so we make no guarantees.
We or our service providers may use "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- You are always free to decline cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services. For more information on your choices about accepting cookies, consult your browser help function.
We sometimes work with service providers who may place cookies on your computer to collect anonymous information about how you use websites owned by TaskHire and its affiliates. This information allows them to help us customize our content and advertising. We do not allow these companies to collect any personal information about you using these cookies.
We may update this policy at any time, with updates taking effect when you next use the site or after 30 days, whichever is sooner. If we or our corporate affiliates are involved in a merger or acquisition, we may share personal information with another company, but this policy will continue to apply. Send questions about this policy to firstname.lastname@example.org